What is the Exotic Wings' Second Chance Program?
Why are birds rehomed?
- Noise level
- Cannot care for bird
- Owner is travelling
- Behaviour issues
- Environment changes (baby, partner, etc)
How to adopt a Second Chance Bird?
Second Chance or "Rehome" birds are not free birds and do come with an adoption fee which depends on the bird species and condition - veterinary work, behavior and educational needs.
If you are considering our Second Chance Program, please do not hesitate to call us and we will answer any questions or concerns you may have.
How to rehome:
- A vet check within a year of rehoming
- Disease testing by case (please call us for specifics)
- A write up will all information required to provide continuity of care moving forward.
- Paperwork to be filled out in-store
Tang, a 30 year old Blue Fronted Amazon parrot successfully rehomed by Exotic Wings in 2020.