By booking your bird(s) for boarding at Exotic Wings & Pet Things you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Birds not purchased from Exotic Wings MUST present a certificate of health from an avian vet on arrival. Please contact Exotic Wings before booking your boarding to be informed about species specific testing that must be done in advance.
- You will bring enough food for your bird(s) to sustain them for the duration of their stay. Food should be labeled under the name of the related bird(s).
- Bring a minimum of two toys and anything else you feel if required to make your bird(s) comfortable for their stay.
- Bird(s) who will supplying their own cage must have it cleaned before arrival or there will be a $25.00 cage cleaning fee.
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in boarding refusal and/or extra fees.
We have three sizes of cages to use when boarding at Exotic Wings.
25.5" x 22" x 19" - 3/4 Inch Bar Spacing
Cockatiel, Conure, Quaker, Meyers, Senegal, and Caique. Timneh Grey might be happier in the smaller cage.
36" x 24" x 32" - 3/4 Inch Bar Spacing.
African Grey, Amazon, Eclectus, and Small Cockatoo.
36" x 28" x 27" - Full Inch Bar Spacing.
Macaws, Large Cockatoo.
Use Your Own Cage
For bringing your own cage you should be able to bring it through the front door without assistance. If this is not possible, please use one of our cages.
If you decide to use your own cage and it is not cleaned properly before arrival, we will charge an additional $25 fee to clean it for you.
Budgie & Finch Owners must bring your own cage. (The bar spacing on our cages will be too large).
When dropping off your bird, there are a few things we need you to bring:
Please bring your birds everyday diet and any treats you would like. Please bring enough to last the duration of your bird's stay. If we run out of food or you do not bring any, we will supply food at an extra cost. Please label any food and treats with your bird's name so that we know what food to feed.
Boarding can be stressful for some birds, and having some toys from their cage at home might help make them feel more comfortable during their stay.
We can supply a few wood perches but any ladders, rope or cement perches must be supplied by you upon arrival.
If your bird is on any supplements or altered diets, please bring any supplies and include instructions on dosage, time of day, etc.
Are the birds socialized?
We would be happy to socialize your bird while it is staying with us! However...
We will not take the bird out of the cage if...
1. The bird is flighted. A flighted bird can hurt itself or others in our boarding facility and we will not take the risk by allowing it out of the cage.
2. The bird is clipped and you do not want it socialized. Please let us know if you do not want your bird handled when you drop them off.
3. You believe your bird should not be handled by our staff. If your bird is nervous, aggressive, not hand tame, etc. Please let us know when you drop them off.
Can we groom your bird during it's stay?
If you would like to have your bird groomed while it's boarding with us, let us know and we will put a note on the cage of what you would like done. (wings, nails, beak)
*Grooming is not included in the boarding cost. Price of grooming is dependent on size of bird.
How often are the birds fed & cages cleaned?
The birds have access to food and water at all times unless owner requests otherwise. Cages are cleaned once a day and chores (food, water) are checked and replenished twice a day. Our cages are disinfected before the bird arrives and again after the bird leaves.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.