Kaytee exact Hand Feeding Formula was one of the first "instant" formulas available and is one of the most researched and respected products used by professional breeders, veterinarians and conservation programs throughout the world. exact food's high-nutrient formula promotes growth, weaning, development and bright plumage. When used properly, exact food will support a healthy crop. exact Hand Feeding Formula contains probiotics to encourage a healthy population of intestinal microorganisms. The selected species have been chosen specifically for their vitality, stability, and overall benefits to a bird's system.
Kaytee understands that sharing your life with a pet bird is not only enjoyable but very enriching. Kaytee shows our love by ensuring we provide your pet bird with the best nutrition for a long and healthy life. With over 150 years of avian nutritional experience, it's no wonder why Kaytee is at the heart of every healthy feeding routine.
- Balanced high-nutrient formula helps babies grow faster, wean earlier and develop stronger, brighter plumage.
- Contains probiotics to encourage a healthy population of intestinal microorganisms.
- Digestive enzymes are included to ensure adequate digestion of carbohydrates and proteins. These enzymes offer a particular value to a newly hatched baby or in a bird experiencing digestive difficulties.
- Exact Hand Feeding Formula has compatible tastes and ingredients with exact Conversion and exact Adult Daily Diets to help reduce digestive upsets during weaning
- This product is formulated for use with: Baby Parrots (including Parakeets, Lovebirds, Cockatiels, Conures, Cockatoos, Macaws, Amazons, African Greys, and other Psittacines) & Baby Passerines.
Crude Protein (min.) 22.0%
Crude Fat (min.) 9.0%
Crude Fiber (max.) 5.0%
Moisture (max.) 10.0%
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.) 0.5%
Total Bacillus Species (min.) 250,000 CFU/g
(B. licheniformis, B. subtilis) CFU - Colony Forming Units
Ground Corn, Ground Wheat, Corn Gluten Meal, Ground Oat Groats, Wheat Middlings, Soybean Oil, Dried Whole Egg, Soy Protein Isolate, Dried Molasses Beet Pulp, Soybean Meal, Ground Flax Seed (Source of Omega-3), Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, L-Lysine, Wheat Germ Meal, Brewers Dried Yeast, Vitamin A Supplement, Salt, L-Arginine, Fructooligosaccharide, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Potassium Chloride, Yeast Extract, Propionic Acid (Preservative), Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Mixed Tocopherols (Preservative), L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K activity), Niacin, Rosemary Extract, Citric Acid, Ethoxyquin (Preservative), Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Cholecalciferol (Source of Vitamin D3), Folic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Calcium Iodate, Biotin, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product.
1. Feed mixture with a clean, disinfected syringe, spoon, tube, or other comfortable method. A separate implement should be used for each baby to prevent spread of disease.
2. Dispense food along with the chick's feeding response (rhythmic bobbing motion). This is more natural and decreases the likelihood of formula being inhaled.
3. Feed until the chick's crop is nicely rounded or it refuses any more food, whichever comes first. Do not overfeed or regurgitation may occur. Generally, each meal should consist of a volume equivalent to 10-12% of the bird's body weight.
4. Clean and sanitize feeding equipment after use. Clean any spilled food from the chick and change bedding after each feeding. Good hygiene is critical for a baby bird's health. exact Hand Feeding Formulas are designed to be the only food for baby birds. Additions to the diet may include fruits and vegetables (such as strained baby foods) but should not exceed 20% of the total diet. Additional vitamin or mineral supplements should not be added.
To encourage the weaning process, exact Conversion diets should be offered when "exploration" begins. When the baby bird is fully feathered, offer exact Conversion diet, or an adult daily diet of exact Natural food or exact Rainbow food in a clean food cup, in addition to routine hand feeding. The baby bird will slowly begin to prefer these new forms of the food. Fresh water must be provided at all times. Prolonged use of hand feeding formula beyond the normal weaning age, or excessive feeding, may result in health concerns. A chick will lose up to 10% of its body weight during weaning as it begins to eat on its own. Birds wean easily onto exact Conversion diets or exact adult daily diets because of compatible taste and ingredients.
Monitoring A Hand Fed Baby Bird
Monitoring weight gain and loss is the best way to identify a problem before it becomes visibly obvious. Weigh and record the weight of each baby bird every morning before the first feeding.
A healthy chick should gain weight every day until it begins the weaning process. If weight gain stops, but weight is maintained, watch the bird closely. Loss of weight indicates a problem and should be investigated immediately. Contact your avian veterinarian for more information.
An otherwise healthy bird may not gain weight if it is not receiving enough nutrients. This could happen if the hand feeding formula is mixed too thin (contains too much water); if the formula is diluted with other ingredients; if the bird is not fed enough; or if it does not get enough food at each feeding.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.