- Please call us 10min before your arrival for pickup so we can the fish ready for you and avoid unnecessary wait times.
- Our fish are properly conditioned for outdoor pond life and are not kept in a greenhouse or inside where the fish cannot be acclimated to outdoor conditions.
- All fish pictures are for representation purposes only and do not in any way represent an exact fish which is for sale.
- All fish claims must be received within 72 hours of pickup. Any claims received after 72 hours are at the sole discretion of Exotic Wings & Pet Things Inc. All fish claims require proof of expiry.
- Special order quantities or sizes of fish must be paid or in advance or require a minimum 50% deposit. Special ordered quantities or sizes of fish are pre bagged and a quantity lot. Therefore, picking and choosing of individual fish is impossible under these conditions.
Common Name: Fantail Goldfish
Scientific Name: Carassius auratus auratus
Average Lifespan: 4 - 14 Years
- Egg-shaped body, high dorsal fin, long quadruple caudal fin, and no shoulder hump
- Reddish orange solid colour.
- Brilliant red with white patches.
- Random specks of red, orange, gold, black or bronze on a white background.
One gallon per inch of fish (length), i.e. ten 10 inch goldfish would require at least a 100 gallon pond. Please consider that your fish may be small now, but they do grow.
Goldfish produce more waste than most other freshwater fish and benefit greatly from more frequent water changes.
Goldfish are a cold water fish and will do best at temperatures between 65 - 72° F (18°- 22° C). The Comet Goldfish can tolerate temperatures a few degrees above freezing, as long as the cooling drops only a few degrees a day. A quick temperature drop can kill them, so if you live in a very cold climate, a heater is advisable.
Goldfish are recommended for beginners. They are an easy fish to keep as they are not picky and will readily eat what is offered.
These fish can be quite personable and are delightful to watch. They are some of the most graceful of the elongated goldfish, and this quality is emphasized by their long tails. They are active, rapid swimmers and tend to leap out of the water occasionally.
They are hardy and can tolerate cold water temperatures. They are moderate in size but are active and fast, so will get along well with Koi. Also, Comets usually won't uproot plants, but they will readily spawn. Care should be taken, so they don't quickly overpopulate your pond.
Diet Type: Omnivore
Flake Food: Yes
Tablet / Pellet: Yes
Live foods (fishes, shrimps, worms): Some of Diet
Vegetable Food: Some of Diet
Meaty Food: Some of Diet
Feeding Frequency: Several feedings per day
Origin & History
It was first bred in the late 1800’s in the United States, and has since become one of the best known and most widespread fish in the aquarium hobby.
The goldfish of today are descendants of a species of wild carp known as the Prussian Carp, Silver Prussian carp, or Gibel Carp Carassius gibelio, which was described by Bloch in 1782. These wild carp originated in Asia; Central Asia (Siberia). They inhabit the slow moving and stagnant waters of rivers, lakes, ponds, and ditches feeding on plants, detritus, small crustaceans, and insects.
Welcome to the Exotic Wings & Pet Things Reward program!
If you set up an account with a verified e-mail address you will automatically be signed up for our rewards program! It's that easy!
Our program currently consists of both points & referrals!
Access your rewards by clicking the blue rewards widget on the bottom right of your screen.
- For every dollar you spend before taxes and shipping, you are rewarded a point!
- Save your points to claim your reward at checkout
- 500 Points = $10.00 off an order over $50.00
- 1000 Points = $20.00 off an order over $100.00
- Sign into your account and share your referral link!
- Located at the bottom of the rewards widget on the bottom right of your screen.
- They get a $5 off discount (For orders over $50.00)
- You get a bonus 25 Points!
Have questions about our rewards program? View rewards FAQ's.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.